IEEE CNS 2013
First IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security
Cyber security has become an important research and development area for academia, government, and industry in recent years. As government and industry investment in cyber security research continues to grow, there will be a dramatic increase in the amount of new results generated by the research community, which must be disseminated widely amongst the research community in order to provide the peer review feedback that is needed to ensure that high-quality solutions that address important and emerging security issues are developed.
As a leading professional society focusing on communications technologies, IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) has identified the need for a high-quality security conference that would focus on communications-oriented aspects of security. IEEE ComSoc has thus decided to launch a new conference dedicated to Communications and Network Security. This new conference is positioned to be a core ComSoc conference (at a level comparable to IEEE INFOCOM) and will serve as a premier forum for
communications and network security researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and users to exchange ideas, techniques and tools, raise awareness, and share experience related to security and privacy.
IEEE CNS seeks original high-quality technical papers from academia, government, and industry. Topics of interest encompass all practical and theoretical aspects of communications and network security, all the way from the physical layer to the various network layers to the variety of applications reliant on a secure communication substrate. Submissions with main contribution in other areas, such as information security, software security, system security, or applied cryptography, will also be considered if a clear connection to secure communications/networking is demonstrated.
- Photos from CNS 2013 can be found here.
- 10/15/2013: The CNS 2013
Best Poster Award:
ADAM: Automated Detection and Attribution of Malicious Webpages
Ahmed E. Kosba (University of Maryland, College Park, USA); Aziz Mohaisen (Verisign Labs, USA); Andrew West (University of Pennsylvania, USA); Trevor Tonn (Verisign, USA)
- 10/14/2013: The CNS 2013
Best Paper Award:
Scalable Hardware Monitors to Protect Network Processors from Data Plane Attacks
Kekai Hu (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA); Harikrishnan Chandrikakutty (University of Massachusetts, USA); Russell Tessier (University of Massachusetts, USA); Tilman Wolf (University of Massachusetts, USA)
- 10/14/2013: The CNS 2013
Best Paper Runner-up Award:
Towards Self-Healing Smart Grid via Intelligent Local Controller Switching under Jamming
Hongbo Liu (Stevens Institute of Technology, USA); Yingying Chen (Stevens Institute of Technology, USA); Mooi Choo Chuah (Lehigh University, USA); Jie Yang (Oakland University, USA)
- 08/12/13: The student travel grant information is posted. Applications are due on August 31.
- 07/05/13: The call for posters is posted. 2-page abstracts due on August 15.
- CNS 2013 will feature two exciting plenary keynote speeches by Prof. Gene Tsudik of UC Irvine and Dr. Vipin Swarup of MITRE Corporation.
- 06/17/13: List of accepted papers is posted.
- The IEEE 2013 Internet Award will be presented at CNS, by the IEEE President-Elect, Roberto de Marca.
- 06/13/13: Final paper submission guideline is posted.
- 06/12/13: Registration is open.
- 03/01/13: The paper submission deadline has been extended to March 8, 2013, midnight US Eastern time.
- IEEE CNS is a new member of ComSoc Core Conference Portfolio and the only ComSoc conference focusing solely on security.
- 09/05/12: The call for papers is posted.
- 09/05/12: The website is online.
Notification of acceptance
Friday, June 14, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013